A Pretty Jewel for a Rainy Day

Some have asked about my blog’s purple-y gold banner.

It’s my Jewel fhp Shawl that I test knitted for Casapinka on Ravelry.


I just love the colors in this yarn! It’s Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 (the 20 stands for 20% cashmere!) in the colorway Jewel. Cashmere is my most favorite fiber to knit with. The other 80% is merino wool and nylon that help the delicate cashmere be enjoyably soft and springy to knit.


Got a little pool of color in the shawl, but when it’s worn, it blends in nicely. Look at the stitch definition! Just gorgeous!


After having knit a few of Casapinka‘s patterns, I was excited to be one of a lucky few to knit one of her patterns before it was released for sale. Being able to knit exactly as it instructs and letting the designer know if there are any questions or clarifications that need to be made helps create a pattern that’s free from errors. She also employs a tech editor who checks all the stitch counts and other details for accuracy.

Being able to work with an experienced designer who creates beautiful patterns that are enjoyable to knit up has been a treat. And, in the end, I get a beautiful shawl and a PDF of the published pattern, fhp by Casapinka.

If you’re a member of Ravelry (if not, joining Ravelry is free!), and would like to test knit for designers, you can join the Testing Pool, a group for designers and test knitters to connect. Test knitting jobs can also be found in designer-specific groups on Ravelry.

Do you have a favorite designer for whom you’d love to test knit?

OSKnits on white

4 thoughts on “A Pretty Jewel for a Rainy Day

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s