I was surprised to be nominated for a Liebster Award by cottagechickknits. Um, thank you? 😉 Actually, I had been uninspired last week so I didn’t post. I am working on my next one, but in the meantime, this was a welcome surprise!
So, what’s the Liebster Award? After doing a little search, I discovered it was a great way to introduce new or lightly-followed bloggers to a wider readership. Us bloggers gotta stick together, you know?
Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
- The Corybantic Badger
- Pimla’s Ponderings
- From This Cloth
- The Everyday Life of a Nerdy Knitting Junky
- Fuzzy Cactus Yarn
- Cracked But Crafty
- Welcome to My Side of the Mirror
Eleven questions for me to answer:
- What is your dream vacation? Going on a car trip with my dear hubby to all the cool yarn stores around the country. (Hmm . . . We’ll need to get an RV with lots of room for storage of all the yarns I will buy . . . and my new loom . . . and a cute effing puppy.)
- What book are you currently reading? I used to read a lot. Nowadays, I’ll read books on my phone app when I’m waiting in line or when I’m eating a quick meal. The book I have open right now in my iBooks app is Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
- What achievement are you most proud of? Every day that I get out of bed and do whatever I do is a great achievement. The rest is all downhill from there.
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be? I wasn’t sure, so I checked Google and found this. Wow. So out of that list, I’m thinking the superpower of Premonition. A few examples: winning Powerball numbers; avoiding natural or not-so-natural disasters; and marrying the right guy (yes, that’s you, Honey!) in the first place.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? Getting up when I feel like it, having two chocolate iced, custard filled donuts from Krispy Kreme with hubby, knitting or weaving my latest creation, wandering out to my favorite yarn shop, and spending the rest of the day creating or surfing the ‘net, then going to bed when I feel like it.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? See #4 above. Watching hubby and I win a huge Powerball jackpot.
- How did you get into the blogging world? I decided that I wanted to tell the story of my journey through the world of knitting (and soon, weaving). My plan was to tell the story behind my handmade things, which morphed into a venue to express other random topics. The bonus is that I’ve helped a few folks learn something new!
- Ice cream, potato chips or candy? Haagen-Dazs chocolate ice cream right out of the container.
- What is your favorite show and why? In the day, it used to be True Blood because it was funny. Now that that series is over, it’s Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones is a very over-the-top production and Tyrion Lannister rocks.
- If you could recommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what would it be? Washington, D.C. Lots to see and do, particularly the Smithsonian.
- How annoyed are you at my questions right now, on a scale from 1-10? Do you get easily annoyed? 1 – not annoyed at all! It was actually good timing. I was waiting on finishing a project before I blogged about it and it was taking a bit longer than I had hoped. This was fun to do!
Eleven questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite method of creating (knitting, crocheting, weaving, something else)?
- What creative achievement are you most proud of?
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be?
- What does a perfect day look like to you?
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
- How did you get into the blogging world?
- If money wasn’t an issue, where in the world would you live?
- What is your favorite show and why?
- If you could recommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what would it be?
- Do you have pets? If so, please post a photo! If not, what pet would you like to have if time, money, allergies didn’t come into play?
Thanks for playing along. Next blog will be more traditional. 🙂